Operation House Call Learning Objectives:
- Model person first behavior, and understand person first thinking and language.
- Review supportive ways to deliver unexpected or difficult news to parents.
- Practice building rapport in a home visit to a family who has a family member with intellectual/developmental disability (IDD).
- Monitor personal or subjective bias that might affect an evaluation or treatment of a person with IDD.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to sibling and family issues during the family visit or in class discussion.
- Increase awareness of resources and community systems available to families.